Sunday, March 15, 2009

Springing forward...

My Spring Sunday...

To-day was sort of a three part day for me. I started off watchin' two Outdoor shows on TV. One featured hunting dogs performing their art in front of the camera. Pointing and retrieving like masters. What a thrill for me, to see these dogs working at what they LOVE. Any hunting breed owner would have swooned over how beautifully Man's Best Friend excelled at their art on this TV program!

The other program featured my Lady Fishing show Hero, Kathryn, partnered up with two other beautiful women, stalking Rainbow Trout in a clear stream in Africa. Can you believe it? I know, eh? :-) It's SO refreshing these days to get a "Woman's eye view" of Man's Favorite Sport, and Katheryn delivers right on the mark. Here's a pic I took off the TV. What a sweet scene, for this ol' fishin' puppy! Hat's off to this fine lady and sister of the fly...

Three Fishing Gals...

Then, after my second cup of coffee, I headed out to Food Basics for a little stocking up. Bus service is a trifle slow around here on Sundays, so that took a little longer than I had hoped. However, I got out of there for less than twenty bills and could hardly lug it all home. :-)

Two wheelin' it again...

With that chore taken care of, it was time to ride. I pumped a few pounds of air into the tires, bungied on my field kit, slipped my North 49 mini-packer, over my shoulders and headed out towards the river...

In less than an hour of leisurely toolin' along in the warm sunshine, there she was, the Mighty Ottawa River, still partially cloaked in ice.



After soakin' in the warm sun for a few minutes, I pulled out my cool little image recorder and set up a few gear shots, as you can see here...










and then, a pair of Nature pics...







A little more R&R in the sun, then I packed 'er in and headed home. Uphill! :-)






A great day all around! :-)



Chow 4 now, lb

No comments: