Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Verification...

O.K. here's a verification code for mybloglog.
Undergoing MyBlogLog Verification

Now, there, that is done, and now we're Rockin' over here!

O.K. a little update...

Upside down, topsy turvy world this past week. I've been out of my element a lot and doing stuff I don't normally do, just to keep things going. To-day I worked on a truck, doing pick-ups and got a darn good work out from it all. Poor ol' bod's doing a bit of whining this evening to be sure because of it. On the way home, I stopped off at the Ministry of Transport and picked up my Drivers Abstract, good for 3 years. It cost me all of $12 and that made me wonder why I hadn't got one of these before this? Probably could have been driving a truck somewhere by now if I had gone ahead and obtained one, months (years) ago! Sometimes, I confess, I'm not that swift and it usually causes me much grief when I do stupid stuff. So anywho, this little slip of processed tree, could start opening some doors for me, real quick. :-) I'll keep you updated...

Over the years I have amassed quite an extensive collection of Outdoorsy flavored books and magazines. For instance I have all the years from 1980 to the present of BassMaster Magazine, THE Magazine of Bass Fishing. I am a LIFE Member of this fine organization and have been for over 25 years now. I could not begin to tell you how much I've learned from all those awesome issues...

Way back in 1977 I attended the New York State Invitational, out of Alexandria Bay and had the opportunity to meet a good number of the touring pros. I thought I had touched heaven, rubbing shoulders with those guys and I was really impressed with how sociable they all were. I was even more surprised when they said I had an accent and that they knew I was a Canadian before I had introduced myself. :-) Talk about your "Proud to be a Canadian" feelings oozing through me after hearin' that stuff. Many of the guys you see in the tours these days are guys that grew up watching and learning from those cool boys that I so fortunately met, those many years ago, in Alex bay. One of the men that really stood out for me was Jimmy Houston. He had just come in off the Mighty St. Lawrence River with a good string of bass and was talkin' about how he had spinner-baited most of his bag that day, to a few folks gathered around him. It was drizzling out steadily as he talked, it had been for the last three hours. Even though the weather had put a damper on most of the contestants, Jimmy was just beaming. He had like a permanent grin on his face, a man in love with life and just a glowing. Now Jimmy's not real big on ball caps as you may know, or even fishin' caps as far as that goes, but here he was out in the rain all day long and now, STILL No freakin' cap on his slighyly balding melon, as he happily enlightened the handful of folks (me included) hanging on his every word! I knew right then and there, that there was something way more to this cool, gentle, smiling man than just spinner baits and catching bass. For this man, it was about attitude and not letting stuff get to you and keeping focused and positive...

Now, after many years, it all really came into focus when I received his wonderful hardcover book on Fishing, as a gift from my best friend. What a BEAUTIFUL book! What an INSPIRATIONAL book! What a MAN!




So, if you want a fantastic Fishing book for your library, I recommend this one, above all others out there right now. As a matter of fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say that this book may even change your life...

-30-

No comments: