Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bushin' it to-day...

Headin' up to the bush to-day for some R&R and to help buddy around his home on the lake. He's putting in some ponds with a waterfalls running and all! Lookin' forward to being up there in Quebec again, in the woods. I'll fill in more details here as they unfold...

I can hardly believe how awesome this little digi-cam is. I've mentioned in here before that this little point & shoot Pentax, ROCKS! Well, here's another test I gave it while on a road trip recently down highway #17. So, this was taken at a speed of roughly 50km per hour or about 30-35 miles per hour if you know the "old" way. :-) Anywho, shot right through a closed window at a fair distance, at pretty good speed. Results? Well, YOU tel me. Seriously, any comments are good comments to this ol' quillmiester. ;-)

For those of you who may recognize it, Cobden, Ontario, is where the moving scene captured here was shot. How many people have sat on the grass around that old pavilion to listen to music under the stars, over the years? This frame was captured with the assistance of the wonderful little E30 Optio, which I have been packin' around as my latest, koolest, EDC...

This old band-shell overlooks a lovely park and lake and I'm sure it would be a SUPER spot to swing the coil of one of my metal-detectors over. :-) Did I mention I love treasure hunting and metal detecting? :-)

Under the stars...

Later,

lb

No comments: