Saturday, November 07, 2009

Coolest Card Ever...

From My Best Friends...

This card came in the mail the other day to celebrate my birthday and put a Very large smile on my face. I have to say it is the Coolest Birthday Card I've ever received. It's so nice when folks you know, think enough of you to send a lovely hand picked card to share Birth-Day wishes over the miles... Thank you Bruce & Elaine for keeping me in your thoughts and sharing your kindness with me, again.

The sunny weather this morning prompted me to get out for a little bike ride again. It's just amazing what a bit of touring around on a bicycle can do for you. It makes you more aware of how "healthy" you may or may not be and gets you better than you were before you started, always. :-)

I thought the sheer starkness of the empty and vacant canal with it's old, time worn gears, looked pretty cool beside my trusty two wheeled adventure machine... ;'}

Neat wheels


Coasting down the hill at Hartwell's and along the canal, brought me to the very lowered shores of Dow's famous lake. This is a little of what this shallow, fragile lake, looks like with millions of gallons of water, pulled out of it in the fall. It sure exposes a lot of hidden hidey holes, that you don't see in the summer, eh?

Fall Draw Down on Dow's Lake


Although I couldn't get anything to hit this tempting morsel to-day, I was indeed struck by it's beauty, just a settin' there, on my hand-grip, all comfy like, like that. :-)
Cool Color Combo...

Next time maybe...

later...

1 comment:

spotted face said...

Happy B-day! Looks like you're having some decent weather over there, too. Too bad nobody told the fish that they should be hungry.